In 1605 a group of plotters wanted to assassinate King James I by blowing up the Houses of Parliament…
⊕ Go through the steps below to create your story...
1. Your character is walking near the Houses of Parliament on the evening of 4th Nov 1605. Your name is ...
- Robert (a supporter of Guy Fawkes. He knows about the Gunpowder plot!)
- John (a loyal guard in the King's army)
- Mrs Miggins (an informer - who sells information for money. She's heard whispers...)
- Father Keel - (a Catholic priest )
- Sir Robert Cecil (the King's spymaster - who is in charge of the search)
Choose a character.
2. Choose two objects to be in the story...
- a burning torch
- a lamp
- a length of fuse
- an extra barrel of gunpowder
- an executioners' axe
- a rope
- Choose your own idea
3. Suddenly you hear shouting nearby. The Captain of the Guards runs up to you! "Stop in the name of King James!" he orders. "What are you doing here?" (Carry on writing the story!)
If you are working with a partner - write one sentence each.