It is the year 2116. Global temperatures have soared. Southern European countries like Spain, Portugal and Greece have been turned into deserts by a drought. While climate scientists struggle to understand the situation, wild fires are breaking out all over the land.
⊕ Go through the steps below to create your story...
1. Choose a location for the story...
- dried up river
2. The problem is ...
- people are trapped by wildfires
- people have to leave their homes
- crops are dying in the fields
- food prices are soaring
- angry protestors gather in the streets
- wild animals are dying
Choose one main problem!
3. The government have put together a team to help. Pick two characters...
- Maxi (fire fighter)
- Jermaine (food aid worker)
- Heidi (paramedic)
- Antonia (scientist)
- Sara and Sidique (police officers)
- Titus (vet)
- Alex (water tanker driver)
- Maddy (pilot)
4. Choose two of the following to use in your story...
- fire engine
- medical kit
- bowser (water tanker)
- food aid pack
- animal rescue unit
- dust bomb (to smother fires)
- 'storm' machine