Download printable storymaker (writing frame) for this activity:
TIP: There are lots of ways to do this activity. You can use the App or print out one of these pdfs. Teachers in class might want to demo the story using the App and then switch over to pen and paper (with one writing frame between two).
How to use in class (Demo using App followed up by pen and paper).
- Log onto Creative Writing Club. Use your Interactive White Board to do a demo of the story writing activity to the whole class. (Get the class to vote on the options as you go. Use the
‘next’ button in the bottom right of the screen if you need to move on).
- Get the class into pairs and hand out a printed version of the writing frame.
- Tell students to write the story one line each – from the most exciting part.
- Tell them to put their hands up if they are going to write the first line. ‘First liners’ should write a line of speaking.
- ‘Second liners’ should write a line of describing.
- After this they can write anything they like: speech, description, action etc.
- At the end of the session, choose some pairs to come up and share their work with you.
Tip: If you are working on paper, you can still submit work to our Hall of Fame. Take a picture of the story and email it to us.